The ACS International Center has collected a number of resources and statements which relate to Executive Order 13769 and US visas
- Multi-Society Response to Proposed Visa Changes
- ACS Statement on Presidential Executive Order on "Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States"
- Inside HigherEd:" On Closing America"
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators: Statement on Executive Order: "Undermines America's Safety and Values"
- International Council for Science: Call to Rescind Executive Order 13769
- Multisociety Letter on Immigration 1-31-2017
- Scientific mobility: Information on applying for a visa to travel to the United States for scientific exchange
The ACS International Center™ is the essential guide for scientists and engineers looking for opportunities related to study abroad, research internship and funding schemes for the globally curious STEM practitioner.
The case for global interaction in education is clear. Check out the Institute for International Education's 2016 Open Door Report to learn more about the latest trends in international education and the growing number of STEM students going global.
Search international scholarships,exchange program, internships, and travel awards by country of destination
Upcoming Opportunity Deadlines
- 2018 WiSci Girls STEAM Camp - February 16
- Onassis Fellowship for International Students - February 28
- HOMING Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Young Researchers - March 5
- Newton International Fellowships - March 27
Learn about the funding organizations behind the ACS International Center™.
Affiliates of the ACS International Center™ are institutions and organizations who have joined hands with the ACS to promote international exchange opportunities to those seeking to gain intellectual experience abroad.
Interested in promoting your organization's programs with the ACS International Center™? Learn how to become an affiliate of the ACS International Center™, and expose your programs to an audience of over 158,000 with online links, webinars, and presence at society meetings. E-mail us at email@example.com.
More ACS International Center™ Resources
The American Chemical Society and its affiliates have compiled an comprehensive list of resources available to scientists and engineers considering career development or professional transition.
Why Collaborate Internationally?
...the data says you should!
ACS Past-President writes in Angewandte Chemie about the importance of international scientific collaborations.
A study published in PLOSOne verifies the positive impact international collaboration has on research and journal publication. Read the study here.
An analysis published in Nature finds that internationally mobile authors have roughly 40% higher citation rates than authors affiliated with only one country. Read the study here.