IREU | Summer Research Inside the U.S.
The program will be sending eight undergraduates from the United States to Germany, the UK, Singapore, and Italy starting in 2016. The program will also be placing students from Germany, Italy, Scotland and Singapore in U.S. university summer programs. If you'd like more information about funding opportunities for an international experience before the applications open, browse for other opportunities on the ACS International Center™ website.
Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
About the IREU program inside the U.S.
Students from German universities (LU Hannover, Freidrich Schiller Jena and Ulm and in some cases from select DAAD programs) and the partner institutions in Italy (University of Perugia), Singapore (National University of Singapore), and the United Kingdom (University of Strathclyde) can apply for a chemical and materials science summer opportunity at sites throughout the United States through the ACS International Research Experience for Undergraduates (IREU) program. It is anticipated that 4-6 German students and 1-3 students each from the other universities will be able to participate in summer 2016.
Please note: ACS is unable to provide any funding for the domestic IREU program. Selected applicants must work with their home institution to determine funding. Students are responsible for all costs.
How to Apply
- Examine the list of 2016 ACS IREU U.S. partner sites and select at least three which are of interest
- Apply through the ACS IREU Common Application (for domestic IREU).
- Applicants must provide the following information in their application
- Up-to-date university/college transcript
- Short answers to questions on why you chose the universities you selected, how this experience will advance your career, and descriptions of any previous research experience
- Two recommendation letters, one of which must be from a chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science professor
For general questions about the program, please contact email@example.com. For specific questions related to eligibility for students from all of Germany and the university partners in Italy, Singapore, and the United Kingdom, please contact the relevant program officer for that country.