IREU | How to Apply
Undergraduate students enrolled at a U.S. university/college and holding U.S. citizenship or permanent residency may apply to both the ACS IREU program in Germany and the joint program in Italy, Singapore, and the United Kingdom by using the following procedures.
Examine the 2016 ACS IREU projects/labs being offered at the university partner sites and rank them in order of interest
- National University of Singapore IREU Projects
- University of Perugia IREU Projects
- University of Strathclyde IREU Projects
- German University Projects
- Apply through the ACS IREU Common Application.
- Applicants must provide the following information in their application
- Up-to-date, official university/college transcript (ensure that your university transcript will NOT lock again a set date)
- Short answers to questions on why you chose the projects you selected and how this experience will advance your career
- Two recommendations, one of which must be from a chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science professor. Upload the scanned and signed letters with your application. Faculty may send letters directly to the IREU program at email@example.com
- Applicants will be notified by mid-March if s/he were selected for the 2016 program.