ACS International Center™ Resources on Global Scientific Collaboration & Training
The American Chemical Society International Center and its affiliates offer an authoritative breadth of resources available to scientists and engineers looking to globalize their science and engage in international training and collaboration worldwide.
August 20-24, 2017
More information on globally focused events at the ACS National Meeting will soon be made available
The ACS International Center is pleased to bring you a wealth of resources dedicated to expanding your global scientific career. Look for changes in the coming months as we update this page to help you build the case for international STEM exchange and global research collaboration worldwide. Below are some highlighted resources which make the case for global scientific collaboration.
See the following links for more information:
- Science Diplomacy is More Vital Than Ever (Scientific American May 2017)
- How to break down cultural and language barriers in the lab (by @chemjobber)
- The Impact of Undergraduate Research Experiences for STEM Students (The National Academies for Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, February 2017)
- The Importance of International Scientific Cooperation (Richard Zare, February 2017)
- ResearchGate: The Benefits of Scientific Mobility and International Collaboration (Rodrigues et al. FEMS Microbiology Letters, October 2016)
- Nature: Research Gets Increasingly International (January 2016)
- Why Study Abroad Can Help You Get a Job (from The World Economic Forum)
- View ACS C&EN jobs board
C&EN Jobs (formerly ACS Careers Jobs Database) offers an extensive network of jobs and employment opportunities for chemists and scientific professionals
the most comprehensive source of information on chemical research and researchers at universities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
A monthly newsletter with updates, announcements, resources, and news for grad students and postdocs
Learn how to building leadership skills, take in-peron and online short courses, and get advice for entrepreneurs
Create a job search plan to ensure that you have everything ready and in place to stand out from the crowd and make an outstanding impression on any prospective employer
EURAXESS jobs board promotes relocation of researchers to Europe for professional development
- ACS Symposium Series Book: Jobs, Collaborations, and Women Leaders of the Global Chemistry Enterprise by H.N. Cheng, Marinda Li Wu, and Bradley D. Miller.
This video from Industry leader ThermoScientific encompasses the essence of why global science collaboration is critical to your career success.
Examples of Global Research Collaboration: